Friday, 24 October 2014

Current Skincare Routine: The Colder Months || 2014

Now that the weather has turned from a light, warm breeze to a ghastly, cold gust, my skincare routine has been mixed up a little.  Generally, everyone's skin tends to get a lot more dry and tight but not for everyone.  However, this is the case for me.   Thicker moisturizers are slapped on and more intense and rich eye creams come out.  

  From left to right:


On a day-to-day basis, I always use the Simple Cleanser followed by the Aveeno moisturising cream as it is thick in consistency thus perfect for these colder months.  In October, it it just starting to cool down here in the UK and so for those days where it isn't as cold as it could be and my skin is oily in the normal areas (the T-Zone), I tend to reach less for my Aveeno cream and more for my Boots Toner and Moisturiser as it is lighter and less intense on the skin. 

The spot treatments that are used are both super inexpensive (as are everything in my skincare routine) so I'm not mega worried about using it sparingly. 

Sometimes, when using different products on your skin in the hope it will make it better  takes time.  Stick to a product that has good reviews, has been raved about a lot and is spoken about a lot. However, do not give up on the first hurdle.  By this, I mean if your skin shows signs of breaking out, stick with the product (especially if it is a spot treatment) as your skin may only be reacting badly because you have introduced something new to your routine and your face wasn't prepared for it.  If the skin continues to break out, stop using this product altogether as it is not for you or your skin type. Venture out and research some good skin products.  Maybe even invest in some luxury, high-end ones and you may be surprised. 
So here goes.This is how my current, everyday skincare routine goes: (WARNING: it is nothing dramatic or complex)

STEP ONE: 
Use the Simple Cleanser to remove any makeup that you had on during the day.  It can also be used to remove and strip off any oil and dirt collected from the day (this would be an extremely useful thing to do for someone without makeup on if they live in a busy, polluted town/city). 

My skin should feel tight and possibly a little dry at this point

STEP TWO:
Depending on what kind of weather it has been recently, I apply my Aveeno Moisturising Cream or my Glycerin and Rosewater Water to moisturise. For a warm, not-too-cold day I will use the moisturising water. For a cold, frosty/rainy day, I'll use the cream.  

STEP THREE:
If my skin is being particularly problematic, I will reach for my Grease Lightning as I feel it does a quicker job than my other form of spot treatment. For less noticeable spots and spots that are not too troublesome, I will go for the Clearasil Spot Treatment because it dries quickly and does a decent job. 

My skin now feels smooth with some gelly dots in certain areas

STEP FOUR:
 Sit back and relax! Literally. Stress is also really bad for the skin and spots can occur because of worrying too much. This routine is done at night just before bed so once I have completed my skincare routine for the evening, I hop straight into bed and spend quality time with my babe (Netflix) 

And that's it! That is my current skincare routine for the colder, more chilly months. I hope this post helps you on what to decide to buy to mix up your own routine but remember, everybody's skin is different so don't think that my routine will 100% work for you.  It might....but it might not. 

What products do you currently have in your skincare routine? Any of them worth trying out? 

, Ayesha 


2 comments:

  1. very interesting, didn't know the products!
    I would really love, if we could follow each other on BL and GFC! Please let me know in a comment on my blog :)
    xoxo Colli
    My blog - ToBeYOUtiful

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I tried out the Simple Cleanser after Zoella talked about it! :) x

      Delete